- Equations are perceivable and can be read by screen readers, are accompanied by a version in natural language, or in plain text format as a last resort. This applies to other formal disciplines (e.g., linguistics and logic) and in the natural sciences where specialist notations are used;
- Where documents are provided in large format, equations etc must also be enlarged and should therefore be created in formats that can be re-sized;
- Where documents are provided in large format, formatting and cross-referencing consistency must be maintained;
- Directions for accessing the content are available (and themselves in an accessible format)
- Content can be converted to alternative formats that students can interact with and access as they need;
- Content is provided in accessible print versions for learners who cannot access electronic versions.